5m wide artificial grass remains the number #1 choice for trade and DIY installations in the UK. But why is it so popular? There are many reasons. In this guide, we will look at the benefits of installing 5m wide rolls to help you decide if it is the right choice for your landscaping project.
Rolling Out Artificial Grass
Artificial grass (also known as Astro Turf, synthetic grass, fake grass, and imitation grass) is one of the most popular landscaping material used in the country today. We’re using it to create everything from luxury lawns, low-maintenance business landscapes, safe school playgrounds, evergreen public parks, and soft pet runs for our four-legged friends.
Its versatility makes it the ideal choice for domestic and commercial installations, and its durability makes it a wise investment for any workplace or home.
Top Tips on Buying Artificial Grass
Thanks to advances in manufacturing, technology, and synthetic fibres, artificial grass is more realistic than we ever thought possible, and due to the growing demand, it is cheaper than ever before. But not all grasses are equal, and if you want your investment to last, there are certain things you should look for:
1. Backing Materials: Look for tightly woven backing materials with tiny perforations for drainage. Without these holes, your artificial lawn will become waterlogged during heavy rains and could be subject to unpleasant odours and rotting.
2. Pile Density: Is your preferred turf thick and luxurious? Does it have the density of natural grass? If not, you may find yourself disappointed with your installation.
3. Colour: Does your artificial grass look realistic? Modern materials are naturally green and blended with white and brown fibres to create the illusion of sun-bleached and dying blades. Pure green grasses look fake, so order a sample pack and view the colour in the natural light before you commit.
Artificial Grass Roll Widths
If you buy artificial grass from a leading UK supplier such as Artificial Super Grass, you will have the option to buy it in 2m, 2.5m, 3m, 4m, and 5m wide rolls. But does roll width really matter? Yes, it does! It will make a big difference to your installation, especially if you're doing it yourself as a DIY project. Here is why:
- Wide grass requires fewer joins, so if you have a large garden, 5m wide artificial grass will facilitate the installation. Likewise, if you are landscaping a small balcony or rooftop terrace, 2m wide turf will reduce your workload.
- When landscaping a large garden or playground, you will have less waste with 5m wide artificial grass than joining several smaller rolls, making it a good option for your wallet and the planet.
- As you need to make fewer joins with 5m rolls, you will save money on joining accessories such as galvanised u-pins, joint tape, and adhesive.
- 5m wide artificial grass is aesthetically pleasing, especially on sports fields, playgrounds, and parks. While it is relatively easy to disguise joins in synthetic turf, they can show through if not installed correctly, and wider grasses eliminate this problem.
- You don’t have to pay a fortune for wide artificial grass rolls. ASG 5m/40mm Luxury Artificial Grass costs just £1 per square metre more than our narrower rolls, making it a great value option for trade and DIY.